Monday, October 1, 2007

Give Blood



For those of you who have never done it, or have but it was a really long time ago, I encourage you to donate blood. And what better time to do it than around Halloween where blood is a constant topic of conversation, right?

This past Saturday I donated this precious resource and received a pin announcing that I am officially a 1 gallon donator...it doesn't seem like that much, especially compared to my brother-in-law who once received a 10 gallon donator pin!


See, here I am...wait a minute! That's not me!! And I don't know if the resolution is good enough, but the cute guy in the background actually looks really scared...oops (I promise, it's not that bad!)


Anyway, my point is that it's a great service, plus you get juice and cookies after, and they basically order you to take it easy for a day. How often does that happen without you being seriously ill?
If you play your cards right, it could happen every 6 weeks!
Call your local donation center today and make an appointment to save a life!

No comments: